At my 36 week appointment my blood pressure was slightly elevated so I was put on modified bed rest and had to go to the hospital for a non-stress test. Everything was fine. By my 37 week appointment my blood pressure was back to normal. I've been checking it everyday and it's been fine.
So at 37 weeks I was "a good 1cm" and 30% effaced. She told me I could start walking if I want to, it might help. So then this Sunday we had to go in to labor & delivery. I didn't feel the baby from 8am and at 4pm I still hadn't felt anything. I ate a popsicle, drank pop, ate, laid down, tried pushing on my belly, nothing worked. I didn't want to be the paranoid first time mom but I figured 8 hours was a long time. I called this hotline that my insurance co. offers. You can talk to a nurse 24/7. She said 8 hours was too long and I should call my doctor right away and if I didn't hear from the doctor in 20 minutes to go to the ER. So I called my doctor. The answering service paged her and about a minute later she called. She told me I had to come in right away and that I had waited too long in the first place :P I figured the baby would start kicking on the way to the hospital, but nope, still nothing. We got to the hospital, they hooked me up and everything was fine. The heartrate is supposed to have spikes in it within 20 min, well I had only been hooked up about 5 or 10 minutes and it already had the number of spikes it was supposed to. The baby finally rolled over when I was there, but overall it barely moved all day long. :P If these last few weeks are anything like yesterday I'm going to go crazy!
On a more relaxing note, today I went to get a pedicure with Auntie Cindy. So now my feet are very smooth and painted very neatly. I can barely bend over to pick up something off the floor - forget about painting my toes. I figured it might be the last time I get to splurge on myself.
I'm sure there's a million things I should be doing before the baby comes, but I just don't know what to do. Now it's just a waiting game. Oh so fun...
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was the exact same way!!!! Good luck!!! Any day now... how exciting for you!!!
Post a Comment